We all know that content is king, right?
However, if you want to make the most of it, you need to know how to properly create and place it.
In the dawn of inbound marketing, fresh, compelling content was crucial for boosting brand awareness and visibility. It still is but there’s a catch: the internet is full of all kinds of content and it’s very hard to create a piece of writing that really stands out.
In other words, the world of content marketing is over-saturated and if we bear in mind that content has an essential role in lead generation, it’s clear that it has to be carefully crafted in order to attract wider audiences and engage them, which will result in driving revenue.
Here are a few simple but effective steps for creating quality content.
Create buyer personas
This is the first step because content has to be aimed at a particular group of people who are interested in a product or service, and they’re actually based on the concept of an ideal customer. In order to create a detailed buyer persona, demographics, motivations for purchasing, behavioral patterns, and goals should be taken into consideration.
Once a buyer persona is created, the content has to be adjusted to their needs. Basically, what it takes is to address their issues, concerns, and problems and find solutions to them. Relevant and quality how-tos, infographics, or instructive e-books that will include advice and suggestions for overcoming the most common obstacles that your prospects are facing, will be highly appreciated.
[button class=”mybtn mybtn-big mybtn-orange ” target=”_blank” url=”https://www.thesmarketers.com/get-a-free-marketing-review/” ]Get FREE Marketing Review[/button]
Find trending topics
Blogging is one of the most efficient channels for generating leads in both B2B and B2C marketing. According to a recent statistic, B2B companies that consistently blog can generate 67% more leads than those which don’t.
Still, it’s not enough to write a half-baked blog post about something that’s not trending. Only fresh and unique articles count.
Finding hot topics that are all the rage on the internet can drive a lot of traffic and ultimately result in generating leads. Easier said than done.
However, there are tools and methods for unearthing the most popular, relevant, and shared content topics, and use them as starting points. Some of them are:
- Analyze the most popular content in your niche and identify the topics that performed well.
- Search Reddit.com by entering keywords related to your niche, and simply see what the most popular threads are.
- Take advantage of content curation by typing search strings related to the subject that you want to write about in Google, for example: “best + keyword + topics in 2016” or “keyword +all time best”
- Use content marketing analytics tools that can help you quickly find and identify engaging topics from your industry and provide valuable insight into how to come up with a catchy topic.
Become an authority in your field
Marketers and salespeople who have managed to establish themselves as experts can expand their reach, and the content they produce generates more leads because people trust their opinion, and subsequently their brands.
That’s why this strategy, although it seems a bit far-fetched and time-consuming, is highly effective in the long run. So, after you’ve developed your expertise on a particular subject, it’s time to show it to the world.
What’s the best way to do that? Here are a couple of ideas:
- Start writing quality articles and blog posts, and apply to become a contributor for one of the authority sites such as Forbes, Entrepreneur, or Huffington Post. That way you’ll in a way get a certificate of expertise, which will undoubtedly help you capture new leads.
- Host free webinars on a regular basis, and harness the power of WOMM. Webinars are excellent for sharing your knowledge and helping people learn something new, and this generosity will be rewarded with tons of new leads. Now, if you want to host a successful webinar, you need to carefully structure it. Besides that, you need to heavily promote it and have an attention-grabbing copy that will convince people to sign up, so an impeccable event branding strategy is a must.
- Guest blogging is another stellar method of boosting your online presence and expanding your reach, which ultimately results in lots of new leads. Of course, the website where your blog should be respectable, and the content you publish has to fulfill the criteria stated in the previous paragraph. Needless to say, all guest blog posts should have links that lead to your specific landing page. This practice is also highly beneficial for boosting your website SEO ranking, so, it’s two for the price of one.
Even though creating compelling content might seem like a complicated task, it’s worthwhile and cost-effective, as all those efforts pay off in the end.
All in all, sometimes we lack time to apply all the necessary activities, nowadays the internet is full of resources where you and find appropriate tools and people to help you with this strategy.
In order not to get overwhelmed with expenses, you can calculate your financial budget on Australian Lending Centre website, and make sure you don’t exceed it.
Raul Harman’s is a business consultant from Sydney, Australia. He has a masters degree in finance and banking and is currently doing financial consulting for various tech companies.
Lately, Raul has been mostly concentrated on start-ups and helping them seek the resources to build their company. Raul is a passionate runner and adventure seeker. Every spare moment he loves to spend in nature. Currently a writer for Technivorz, and BizzMarkBlog