Landing pages and calls-to-action (CTAs) are crucial tools in digital marketing. They’ve become popular because they’re excellent at engaging and converting online visitors into customers. Modern businesses and marketers must understand how essential these elements are for their campaigns.
Landing pages and CTAs work together effectively, grabbing attention, conveying messages, and encouraging desired actions. This partnership defines the success of a marketing strategy and acts as a vital link between potential customers and a business’s offerings.
If you’re relatively new to improving your online presence, you’ve likely wondered at least once, “How can I make my landing page more effective?”
Here’s a complete guide with practical tips on how to write a compelling CTA for your landing page, helping you boost your conversion rates.
Landing Pages: What They Are and Why They Are Important
Landing pages are specialized web pages with a clear focus. They serve as the next step in turning a visitor into a potential customer by delivering on promises made in your content. These pages offer something valuable in exchange for the visitor’s contact information, like special offers or knowledge resources.
There are two main types:
- Click-through pages: Click-through pages guide visitors to other parts of your website.
- Lead-generation pages: Lead-generation pages gather contact details in exchange for incentives.
A well-structured landing page convinces visitors to share their information. They can be found through general searches or on your company’s website, making them a crucial tool for attracting potential customers.
It’s also standard to have multiple landing pages, each catering to specific customer segments, ensuring you address various needs effectively.
Benefits of Adding a CTA In Landing Pages
All high-functioning landing pages need a CTA- a concise phrase that guides visitors toward a specific action. While the body copy of your page conveys the value you offer, the CTA is the point of conversion, typically presented as a clear, action-oriented button.
Below are the top advantages of adding a CTA to landing pages:
- Conversion guidance: A CTA is a straightforward guide on your landing page, giving visitors clear instructions. Without it, users may wander aimlessly, unsure of the desired action, resulting in a lost opportunity for conversion.
- Clarity in purpose: Landing pages often serve specific purposes, from encouraging sign-ups to driving sales. A well-constructed CTA communicates this purpose, ensuring that visitors to the page understand its intent instantly.
- User expectations: A CTA sets the stage by revealing what users will gain or achieve by clicking it. This proactive approach helps manage expectations, reducing the risk of user disappointment or confusion after the action.
- Increased engagement: CTAs don’t just instruct; they invite users to engage with your content. By compelling users to take action, they become more deeply involved with your website, resulting in longer visits and increased brand connection.
- Lead generation: Effective CTAs can collect valuable user data by inviting users to subscribe or request more information. Then, these leads can be nurtured and converted into loyal customers.
- Improved conversion rates: A persuasive CTA drives conversion, urging users to follow through. Directing their focus toward the desired action significantly boosts the likelihood of conversion.
- Enhanced user experience: CTAs simplify navigation, offering a smoother and more user-friendly experience. Visitors appreciate the clear guidance, leading to a more positive interaction with your website.
- Accountability and measurement: A CTA allows for comprehensive tracking and measurement of landing page performance. Metrics like click-through rates and conversion rates enable an accurate evaluation of your content’s effectiveness.
- Brand trustworthiness: Consistently transparent and honest CTAs foster trust with your audience. Users appreciate your respect for their time and are confident you won’t mislead them.
- Competitive edge: A thoughtfully designed CTA showcases your professionalism and user-centric approach in a competitive digital landscape. It can set your page apart from the competition, emphasizing your commitment to a seamless user experience.
Tips and Best Practices for Creating Landing Page CTAs
Implementing CTA button best practices to optimize your landing pages will help you create compelling CTAs that drive conversions and capture valuable leads.
Here we have listed the best landing page tips & tricks ever to improve your landing page CTAs:
- Keep it concise and in first-person: A CTA should be short and to the point, without jargon or unnecessary words. To make it more relatable and personal, frame your CTA text in the first person, such as “Start my free trial. “
- Use clear and action-oriented language: Use action verbs like “Download,” “Get started,” or “Claim your offer” to prompt immediate engagement. Convey the value or benefits the visitor will receive by clicking the CTA. For example, “Get 10% off now” or “Start your free demo here.”
- Enhance visibility by opting for contrasting colors. Select a color for the CTA button that sharply contrasts the webpage’s background.
- Position strategically: Place the CTA where it’s easily noticeable. It’s often located near the top or center of the page and repeated as you scroll down.
- Create a compelling button design: Ensure that your CTA button is visually appealing and appears clickable. Consider using rounded edges and subtle shadows to make it more inviting.
- Add enough whitespace: Ample whitespace around the CTA will avoid clutter and draw the user’s focus to the button.
- Adjust the button size: Strike a balance in the CTA button size. It should be big enough to notice but not overpower other elements on the page.
- Ensure it is mobile-friendly: Your CTA should be responsive and easy to tap on mobile devices, ensuring a seamless user experience.
- Personalize it according to your target audience: Tailor CTAs to individual user segments, offering relevant content or offers based on their preferences or browsing history.
- Undergo A/B testing: A/B testing enables you to assess the effectiveness of various CTA elements, such as wording, color, and positioning, to identify what resonates most effectively with your target audience.
- Add an element of urgency and scarcity: Create a sense of urgency or want in your CTA text. Phrases like “Limited time offer” or “Only a few spots left” can drive immediate action.
- Use multistep forms: For longer forms, consider using a multistep approach to reduce perceived complexity and make the process seem more manageable.
- Explore interactive CTAs: Experiment with interactive CTAs, such as hover effects or button animations, to make the action more engaging.
- Create a visual hierarchy: Use design elements like arrows or contrasting backgrounds to establish a visual order and direct the user’s attention toward the CTA.
These practical tips for creating effective landing pages can significantly boost your online presence and improve lead generation.
How Many Calls-to-Action Should Be On A Landing Page?
Typically, a landing page should have one primary CTA that aligns with the page’s main goal. However, it’s possible to include secondary CTAs if they support the primary one. These secondary CTAs should be less prominent and not distract from the primary action you want visitors to take.
For example, a primary CTA might be “Get Started,” while a secondary CTA could be “Learn More.” The key is to ensure that the primary CTA stands out and is the most visible element on the page. At the same time, secondary CTAs provide additional options without overshadowing the primary conversion goal.
Concluding this guide to creating landing pages that convert in 2023, we must emphasize that crafting compelling landing pages and CTAs can significantly impact your digital marketing success. As we step into the future of digital marketing, we cannot deny the unwavering importance of these elements in capturing your audience’s attention and driving conversions.
To stay ahead in this ever-evolving sphere, consider partnering with The Smarketers for expert guidance in elevating your B2B marketing strategies. By investing in our strategic full-funnel inbound marketing services, you can successfully enhance your online visibility and drive highly-qualified traffic, setting the stage for substantial growth and a strong return on investment.
Make the most of your online presence with The Smarketers! Contact us today.